Saturday, December 30, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Well, with the crazy Northeast weather of rain, rain, rain which equals mud, mud, mud, and the crazyness of holiday preperations, I haven't had much time to spend with the critters other than feeding and loving them.

The Holidays are finally behind us, which includes the list-creating, the shopping for gifts, planning the meals, shopping for food, baking the cookies, mailing the cards and the gifts, decorating the tree and the house, wrapping the gifts, cooking for the feast ..... all the while trying to keep this house clean for the constant swarm of showings, whom all seem to be nothing but tirekickers and think nothing of disrupting either our dinner time or our holiday so they can spend a day off from work looking at other peopls houses. Do I sound just a wee bit bitter? Hmmm, perhaps...... Oh, and don't forget flu season, two children with a 103F temperature, who oh so kindly passed it on to their dear ole mum (that would be me) beginning the day after Christmas. I'm beginning to feel semi-human again, but am not up to anything very physical, so I'm going to try to catch up on my blog.

Here is a short video of one of our dogs, Cherub Shou-Lynn, enjoying what she feels was her Christmas gift this year.


The children, of course, received way too many gifts, but are very grateful for what they received. Both kids have two favorite gifts. Both love their new roller skates, and mom and dad are just loving listening to them go around and around and around ad naseum on the hardwood floors. My son really loves his remote control General Lee, and my daughter is in love with the custom-made stuffed Curly Buddy doll, made with spun curly horse fiber and made to look just like Lakota. Its hand-made by curly owner, Bunny Reveglia from New Mexico, and the proceeds go directly to Curly Horse Rescue.

My favorite gifts were my snazzy new comfortable leather office chair, and the family gift we bought ourselves of a new digital camera.

But the best gift of all, is spending time with our wonderful families, and our health, and the lives and lifestyles we have built for ourselves.

2 comments:

penella22 said...

Michelle- Glad you had a good christmas. I can sympathize with your house showings. our roommate moved out in December, and it seems I spent the whole month interviewing, calling people back and of course cleaning! My fiance had a lot of extra holiday hours so it was me myself and I. People can be so rude. The thing that really ticks me off is when I take the time...and then people didn't show up at all, didn't call or anything. That was especially annoying when I COULD HAVE BEEN OUT AT THE BARN!

I'm sure you understand...

Merlin & MeiMei said...

We enjoyed watching your movie.
Everyone looks like they are having a really good time.
Thanks for sharing your special moments with us all.