Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bittersweet

I just came back from dropping off Joe at a barn an hour away. He is there on a month trial with a very sweet young lady. She has already fallen in love with him, and they have bought him a nameplate for his stall already, lol!

Joe loaded up like a champ, unloaded, looked around, walked through the barn to his stall with attached paddock. He waltzed out there, sniffed around, looked at his neighbors, them got down on his knees to get the grass on the other side of the fence. He never once called or got upset, or acted high-headed.

Because of telephone message/husband mixups, I hadn't met the woman, but she came here and met Joe while I was at a doctor appointment, and fed him carrots. She gave me references which were glowing, has a trainer to help her with any problems (that is big in the Quarterhorse show circuit), and another friend that she rides with all the time, she never goes alone (she has little kids, 18 months and almost 3).

I had an AC talk to Joe, and tell him what was going on. He said:

He understands the situation and is looking forward to more attention. Tell her to bring him carrots, he asked "will the new woman bring me carrots?" LOL.He says he appreciates everything you have done for him. He says he feels much better than when he first came to you. He has more energy and he feels more confident. He feels like he matters and he is loved. He says no matter what that you will be connected heart to heart and he knows that this is done out of love. He feels pretty confident they will be a good fit." She later told me that she fed him carrots that day she came to meet him.

He seemed very happy and settled in his paddock, with his new buddies on either side of him. When I went to say goodbye, he nuzzled me and blew on me. I told him that I loved him, but this girl (Jen) would spend a lot of time with him, grooming him, riding him, taking him on adventures. I told him that if it didn't work out, he could come back with me. He sighed, blew, then turned around and showed me his butt.

That was his way of telling me that he loved me, but everything would be fine, and it was time for him to move on.

1 comment:

penella22 said...

AC's are amazing. Kelley, the woman that I board with Sage with, that you talked to about Spirit, does a lot of animal communications. I witnessed one a few weeks ago and it was amazingly profound for both horse and human, and everyone watching too, I suspect. Glad Joe had that way of communicating...and, that he is assured a continuous supply of carrots...(grin)